Friday, August 04, 2006

Chickens come home to roost

You may remember Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. You know, the one who punched a Capitol Hill police officer because he didn't recognize her? I believe her defense was something along the lines of, "I had a very important vote that I was late for and had forgot my special congressional pin. So I punched the Capitol Hill police officer because he stopped me when I tried to bypass the line that everyone else has to stand in, but not me because I'm special and more important than you peons."

That may not be an exact quote.

So you can understand my joy at seeing this wonderful example of what's wrong with Washington come under attack during her primary. Gosh, it's almost like the people have a... what's that word called? Oh yeah, a memory. With any luck at all a new Democrat will replace her. Not that he'll be less corrupt or more hard working or anything like that. He'll just be less experienced at being an ass.

No comments: