Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Capitulation is an ugly thing.

Yes it seems the Congressional cafeteria is hoisting the tri-color once again. What's next, La Marseillaise playing in the hallways? I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad.

On the one hand, I don't like the French much. They're like America's running joke. Are you at a party? Need something funny to say? There's always France. So anything that allows me to publicize my dislike of the the frog eating surrender monkeys is generally a good thing.

On the other hand, this was, is, and will continue to be one of the most ridiculous things Congress has ever done. I don't hate the French so much that I think we should look like morans in order to distance ourselves from them.

Sigh. It's a no win situation. It's very... well, French.

No comments: