Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm Back.

Right. So, if you haven't noticed, I've been a bit... dismayed... by politics lately, and resultantly non-prolific. The Republicans, proving that you, in fact, can't teach an old dog new tricks, lost the House and Senate. I wish that angered me.

No, really. I wish that I could rouse up some of the fury I would have once felt at the notion that Nancy Pelosi, from San Fransisco, is the new Speaker of the House. Once upon a time, maybe. But not now. Not after the Education bill, the Steel tariffs, the "Bridge to Nowhere" (which became the icon of early 21st Century pork barrel spending), the "Culture of Corruption" (which would have been a serious charge, if it wasn't for the pot calling the kettle black), the refusal to accept changes on the ground in Iraq, and this absurd focus on "Big Government Conservatism".

Big government conservatism isn't a philosophy, it's a heresy.

And please don't mistake me, I hold no hope for the Democrats. Pelosi demonstrated her intense concern for reform when she attempted to nominate her "bestest friend evar" Congressman Murtha, to be her #2 man. He's only one of the most corrupt men on the Hill (and, WOW, is that saying something!). She further illustrated her commanding grasp of the issues dominating the political scene by pushing through a bill raising the minimum wage to $7.25/hour.

Now don't get me wrong, until very recently I worked at a job making $8.00/hour, so I understand the paycheck to paycheck lifestyle. Still do, come to think of it (though it's really more of the "Christ I hope I get a job soon", variety). The point, however, lest it slip through my verbosity, is that Pelosi clearly understands that American's are fed up with a 4.5% unemployment rate. Dammit, we need stuff to moan and groan about! Pump that unemployment up to 7%, or hell, 10%, if she's lucky. We're approaching an election after all.

The long and the short is this: I've been disgusted with politics lately. I've gotten 4 calls from the RNC asking for donations. They keep calling because on their list it says I'm one of the thousands of contributors that can be counted on for a regular $25-$50. I've hung up 4 times. I'm not afraid of the Homosexual Agenda, or the terrorists, or the Democrats. Give me something to vote FOR. Fear-mongering has run its course with this donor. I chose Bush twice because he was better than the other guy. It'll be a little while before I vote for (or fund) that again.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this more up to date, though, it should be noted, if politics continues as is, this may be a slightly depressing blog.

ASIDE: Go Indy! I thought the Pats would womp 'em. I was wrong. I really don't see Grossman and company taking on the Colts. Like a buddy of mine was recently saying about the Saints, the Colts, "are a team of Destiny."

You don't mess with Destiny.

Look where it got Darth Vader.

3 comments:

Em said...

All I can really say here is...uh...ditto?

Em (From BN - yeah, I did the blog thing for a while too and, yeah, also quit when I got fed up with things - maybe I will return to it at some point. Maybe not.)

Matt said...

Heh. Thanks. I've had more than a few people agree with that sentiment. See you Friday.

sterling said...

destiny.....shudder